Steph Curry’s finals record is 4-2 in NBA Finals series and 21-13 in NBA Finals games. Steph’s Golden State Warriors have defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers in three NBA Finals and the Boston Celtics in a fourth. Steph has only one Finals MVP award – in 2022.
Table of Contents
What Is Steph Curry’s Finals Record?
Steph Curry has gone 4-2 in NBA Finals series thus far in his career.
You can see a breakdown of his NBA Finals series in the table below.
|Year||Steph Curry’s Finals Record||Games||Opponent|
|14-15||Won NBA Finals||4-2||Cleveland Cavaliers|
|15-16||Lost NBA Finals||3-4||Cleveland Cavaliers|
|16-17||Won NBA Finals||4-1||Cleveland Cavaliers|
|17-18||Won NBA FInals||4-0||Cleveland Cavaliers|
|18-19||Lost NBA Finals||2-4||Toronto Raptors|
|21-22||Won NBA Finals||4-2||Boston Celtics|
Who Did Steph Curry Beat in the NBA Finals?
Steph Curry has won 4 NBA Finals series. His Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers three times and the Boston Celtics once.
- In 2015 Steph Curry and the Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavs featured LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and not much else!
- In 2017 Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and the Warriors defeated the Cavs again. The Cavs still had Lebron and Kyrie.
- In 2018 the Warriors, featuring Steph and KD again, defeated the Cavs for the third time in four years. The Cavs still had Kyrie and Lebron.
- In 2022 Steph and the Warriors defeated the Boston Celtics for his fourth title. The Celtics featured Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.
Who Did Steph Curry Lose To In the NBA Finals?
Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors lost one NBA Finals series to the Cleveland Cavaliers and one to the Toronto Raptors.
- In 2016 Steph, Klay, Draymond and the rest of the Warriors lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavs starred LeBron James and Kyrie Irving.
- In 2019 the Steph and the Warriors, missing an injured KD, lost to the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors featured Kawhi Leonard in his only season in Canada alongside Kyle Lowry and Pascal Siakham.
How Many Finals MVPs Has Steph Curry Won?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click and purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Steph Curry has only won one NBA Finals MVP up to this point in his career. .
- In 2022 Steph Curry averaged 31 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists per game to win the MVP award in the Warriors 6-game defeat of the Boston Celtics.
- In 2015 Andre Iguodala won the MVP in the Warriors defeat of the Cavs.
- In both 2017 & 2018 Kevin Durant was Finals MVP in the Warriors victories over the Cavs.
How Does Steph Curry’s NBA FInals Record Compare to Other Great NBA Players?
Steph Curry’s 4-2 NBA Finals record puts him ahead of many NBA greats including Larry Bird (3-2) and LeBron James (4-6). Steph still comes up short of the greatest NBA Finals winners including Bill Russell (11-1) and Michael Jordan (6-0).
You can see the records of many NBA greats in the table below. Click the links to check out my articles on each player’s finals record.
|Player||NBA Finals Record|
I have been a Boston sports fan for more than forty years. I write about games, players and seasons from the past.