Are you curious about Kevin Durant’s Finals record? KD has a 2-2 record in NBA Finals series and an 11-9 record in NBA Finals games.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Durant’s Finals record and the teams he faced, including the breakdown of his NBA Finals series and the opponents he played against.
We’ll also discuss how many Finals MVPs Durant has won and how his record compares to some of the other NBA greats. Read on to learn more about Kevin Durant’s Finals journey.
Table of Contents
What Is Kevin Durant’s Finals Record?
KD has played in four NBA Finals series, winning two championships with the Golden State Warriors and losing one each with the Warriors and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Durant made one NBA Finals alongside Russell Westbrook and James Harden in Oklahoma City and three alongside Steph Curry and Klay Thompson in Golden State.
You can see a breakdown of his NBA Finals series in the table below.
Team: Oklahoma City Thunder
Team: Golden State Warriors
|Kevin Durant’s Finals Record
|Won NBA Finals
|Won NBA FInals
|Lost NBA Finals
Who Did Kevin Durant Beat in the NBA Finals?
Kevin Durant has won two NBA titles. Both of those championships were won with the Golden State Warriors.
- In 2017 Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and the rest of the Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavs starred Lebron James and Kyrie Irving.
- In 2018 the Warriors, featuring KD and Steph again, defeated the Cavs for the third time in four years. The Cavs still had Kyrie and Lebron.
Who Did Kevin Durant Lose To In the NBA Finals?Embed from Getty Images
KD lost two NBA Finals series. He lost one with the Thunder and then a second with the Warriors.
- In 2012, KD, Russell Westbrook, James Harden and the rest of the OKC Thunder lost to LeBron James and his Miami Heat. In addition to LeBron, the Heat starred Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
- In 2019 the Durant and the Warriors lost to the Toronto Raptors led by Kawhi Leonard. It’s hard to say that Durant even lost these Finals because he only played 12 minutes in the series. He returned from a month-long calf injury in game 5 only to tear his achilles in the game. The Raptors were led by a dominant Kawhi Leonard who won the Finals MVP.
How Many Finals MVPs Has Kevin Durant Won?
Kevin Durant has won two Finals MVPs. He won in both years his teams won championships.
- In 2017 KD averaged 35.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game in leading the Warriors to victory over the Cavs.
- In 2018 Durant was Finals MVP again in the Warriors repeat victory over the Cavs. He averaged 28.8 points, 10.8 rebounds and 7.5 assists per game for the series.
How Does Kevin Durant’s NBA Finals Record Compare to Other NBA Great Players?
Kevin Durant’s .500 record in NBA Finals puts him ahead of some all-time greats including LeBron James and Wilt Chamberlain. And it puts him well ahead of a few other all-time greats like Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.
But, in general, the best players of all time are viewed that way for a reason. They won. Durant’s record does not put him near players like Michael Jordan, Bill Russell or Tim Duncan.
You can see the records of many NBA greats in the table below. Click the links to check out my articles on each player’s finals record.
|NBA Finals Record
Featured Image Photo Credit: Kevin Durant – TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2017 – Day 2 (36517991413).jpg Creative Commons Attribution 2.0
I have been a Boston sports fan for more than forty years. I write about games, players and seasons from the past.